Thank you for visiting Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland's Sprint Triathlon Fundraising page!
Since 1960, our dedicated staff and volunteers have been providing nutritious meals, friendly smiles and community connections to seniors so that they may age at home with independence, grace and dignity.
As a result of sequestration, your support is needed more than ever.
A few quick facts about senior hunger:
• More than eight million seniors nationwide face the threat of hunger every day.
• Meals on Wheels can deliver nutrition and independence for less than $4,000 a year.
• Meals on Wheels delivers over 1,000,000 meals to homebound seniors and eating together programs each year in Central Maryland.
• 2,663 dedicated volunteers; of which 300-325 are used on any given day.
• Last year, the volunteers donated over 86,000 hours and drove more than 612,000 miles (25x around the Earth).
For every $15 raised or donated, Meals on Wheels can provide two nutritious meals and a friendly visit to a homebound senior for one day in your neighborhood.
ONLY those who participate in fundraising are invited to attended pre-race preperation clinics. Dates and Times are TBA.
Thank you for joining Meals on Wheels in the fight against senior hunger.
To register for the Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland's Sprint Triathlon please click here. During registration, participants are encouraged to set up a personal fundraising page and goal so "no senior goes hungry."